Friday, December 6, 2013

Egypt

Christmas Past
   1480 B.C.E
    It was a dark and stormy night as I drifted off to sleep. I had been waiting up all night so that I could see Santa Clause. I had one wish that I wanted to be granted and that was to have a new family somewhere far, far away. As I dozed off one more time I saw a chubby man with a white beard and he said "Braielyn, I can not just give you one wish but I have two for you." My eyes lit up in amazement and I told him to send me to four different places and to make sure I never come back. I had begin to spin around rapidly and then dust begin to whirl around me. When I awoke I saw thousands of men transporting blocks of stone and I realized they were creating pyramids. I heard someone coming towards me yelling "Neferure!, Neferure!, Neferure!"and I screamed to him "My name is Braielyn and how did I get here?" The unfamiliar male figure looked at me with the most confused expression that I have ever seen. He wanted to know who was this Braielyn that I spoke of and told me that I was a princess, the daughter of a powerful pharaoh Hatsheput. I told the figure that I had a nasty fall and could not remember anything and could he fill me in on my life if he knew anything. "Well as I have said your mothers name is Hatsheput and your father's name is Thutmose II and I am Thutmose III. We are more like best friends but some believe we have a little love interest going on. Your mother is very powerful and she likes to show her power through her clothing so sometimes she goes into our father's closet from time to time." I chuckled and thought to myself I could really get use to this lifestyle. A land where I am a beautiful princess with a cute best friend/ brother. That was the only weird part because you know because situations like that would be looked down upon in America.
Princess Neferure the daughter of Hatsheput


Notable female pharaoh, Hatsheput
Half-brother of Neferure, Thutmose II

No comments:

Post a Comment