Friday, December 6, 2013

Egypt Part II

Christmas Past 2
    The next morning I woke up in a beautiful palace. I looked around the palace for Thutmose because I just had to get more answers about this new life I had come into. I ran right into him and ordered him to tell me more and he laughed jokingly and told me he was far from a servant. I asked him where did my name "Neferure" come from? He told me that the first part "Neferu" meant the beauty of something and the last part "re" was taking from the sun god and creator of heaven and earth who held the highest place of honor. He went on to describe how we were both powerful individuals but this god was considered greater than any other deity in the egyptian pantheon. He explained to me how the Nile river was just as important to our Egyptian lifestyle because of how fertile the layers were and it is the longest river in the world. After he went on and on about "re" I asked him about our father. His facial expression changed and he wanted to know was I sure I wanted to get into this story. I nodded yes but I  had a feeling it was about to be something really serious. He started with "Well Neferure you have a tutor by the name Senenmut and we always knew that your mother was madly in love with him and some say that is your father and he treats you like you are the princess of his world. After he told me that I just really needed a break from hearing about my life so he left. I had begin to realize that this life was not for me. I have a brother who has a crush on me and a tutor who is really my father. Tears had started to fall down my cheeks and I saw Santa Clause appear and ask me was I ready for my next journey and that this one had come to an end. I replied yes with hopes that my next life would be a little better.
The Nile River in Egypt
Block Statue of Senenmut holding young Neferure

No comments:

Post a Comment